Seminars and debates
The fair is not just an exhibition and conference. It is just as much a meeting place.
It is where you will meet some of the world’s boldest architects and city builders, the people with the ability to do the ‘impossible’. Positive examples will be highlighted, and the important topics of today and tomorrow will be discussed in seminars and debates. The conference programme gives you an opportunity to discuss the challenges facing architecture and urban planning. It also enables you to benefit from the thinking and experience of your colleagues and opposite numbers regarding current events and trends, be they political, economic, business, social or technological.
How are you affected by architecture and urban planning? In what ways do they affect public health, ecology, growth? How do the working conditions for architects differ in Helsinki, Svalbard, Delhi and Los Angeles? Were things better before?
The Nordic Architecture Fair hope to give the answers to these and many more questions.
The website will provide regular updates on programme content and topics.
Focus 1: Architecture and Urban Planning
Focus 2: Digital Building
Focus 3: Innovative Materials
Focus 4: Smart Buildings
Speakers booked to date:
- Helle Juul, MD, Juul & Frost. One of Denmark’s most influential opinion leaders in architecture and urban planning
- Gert Wingårdh, MD, Wingårdhs Arkitektkontor. Has won more prizes than any other Swedish architect
- Gro Bonesmo, co-founder, Space Group. Norwegian architect and Professor at the Oslo School of Architecture. Has had many international commissions.
- Monica von Schmalensee, MD, White Arkitekter. Largest architectural practice in Scandinavia.
- Sima Zangiabadi, Head of Business Development, PEAB. Working with other players leads to sustainable solutions.
- Lars Andrén MD, Momentum. Will speak on issues including solar energy, heating, renewable energy, new building technology.
- Emma Jonsteg.
- Anssi Lassila.
- Julien De Smedt.
Are you a student and would like to attend the conference and exhibition free of charge?
Purchase tickets to the conference